A symposium of the Tomonaga Center of the History of
the Universe (TCHoU),
on the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of hte University of Tsukuba,
will be held on September 28, 2023 on the university campus.
We are looking forward to seeing many colleagues
interested in the
research in the areas of elementary particles, nuclear physics,
and the history of the universe as a whole.
List of registrants
Access to the University
Bus route map (jpeg)
The closest bus stops are "Daigaku Kaikan Mae".
Starts at 10:00, finishes at 17:30.
- Invited speakers:
- Nigel Lockyer (Director, CLASSE,
Cornell University / Former Director, Fermi National Accerelator Laboratory, USA)
- Accelerators: What they are good for
- C. S. Lim (Editor-in-Chief, PTEP, The Physical Society of Japan, Japan)
- The physics of neutrinos: Dirac vs. Majorana
- Paul Ho (Director, James Clerk Maxwell Telescope / Director General, East Asian Observatory / Principal Investigator, Greenland Telescope,
- Imaging of black hole shadow from the Arctic region
- Nami Sakai (Chief Scientist, Star and Planet Formation Laboratory, Riken, Japan)
- Quest to understand the chemical origin of the Solar System
- Paolo Giubellino (Scientific Managing Director, FAIR, GSI, Germany)
- The Universe in the lab: current and future science at GSI/FAIR
- Takashi Kobayashi (Director, J-PARC Center, KEK/JAEA, Japan)
- Particle and nuclear physics at J-PARC
Please register on-line from
Contact: 305 - 8571 茨城県つくば市天王台 1-1-1
Tomonaga Center for the History of the Universe
Institute of Pure and Applied Sciences,
University of Tsukuba